QBI Histology Facility
The histochemistry laboratory is located on level 4 and provides training and technical support to QBI Staff and QBI Affiliates. Jane Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org) manages this facility and should be contacted for advice, training and access to histological instruments.
- Information and advice on appropriate experimental procedures.
- Detailed tuition and supervision on the use of cryostats and microtomes within the facility.
- Expert technical support for processing and sectioning tissue, including staining for rapid completion of projects (1.0 EFT available). Note: Charges apply.
- Cryostat and freezing microtome (sledge) tissue processing and sectioning.
- Paraffin embedding and sectioning.
- Vibratome sectioning.
- Ultrathin sectioning (for electron microscopy).
- Histochemical staining.
- Immunohistochemical staining.
- Several staining methods available on request including silver stains, Luxol Fast Blue, Cresyl Violet (Nissl), and Haematoxylin and Eosin.